Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spray before bagging?

Posted by bart1 6/7 Northern VA (My Page) on
Fri, May 30, 14 at 20:21

I'm about ready to start bagging my apples and pears and I'm wondering if I should do one final spray before I put the bags on?

My last pesticide and fungicide spray was two weeks ago. WouldI need to reapply either spray before I put the bags on or should I just bag away?

Thanks!
Bart

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spray before bagging?

The only reason I can see to spray before bagging is the length of time it might take you to bag all the fruit, during which, pests could be active.

o
RE: Spray before bagging?

I don't know what sprays you use but I don't like to work in my trees right after spraying. I am just a little South of you and with all the rains it has been hard to keep sprays on the trees. Oriental Fruit moths have already gotten some of the peaches, just recent as the jelly (pectin) is still clear. I don't see what another spray would do unless you spray and start bagging the same day or you get back into the same loop.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here