Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
blueberries dry up

Posted by billy-o ohio (My Page) on
Fri, May 17, 13 at 21:49

A few of my blueberries have dried up, turned purplish and fall off. Had same problem last year. Does anyone know what this is? I'll try to get picture. Is this normal maybe if there are too many on the tree?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: blueberries dry up

Hello billy-o,
A few of mine do that as they're changing from flower.It's probably okay as long as the whole bush isn't affected. Brady

o

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Fri, May 17, 13 at 22:01

It could be lack of pollination. Do you have another variety for pollination? What are your varieties?

Usually blueberries set so much that it's best if a few, or a lot, fall off. So it's about how many are left not how many fall off.

o

Thanks, I have several varieties. The ones falling off are pretty old (10 - 15 years maybe) and don't know the type, only charesterics. The younger ones are Elizabeth, ka- bluey,Berkeley, Elliot, blue crop, reka, and northland. Only characteristic I can think of the ones falling off is its a high bush and it doesn't make many new shoots but tasty fruit.

o

billy-o

Keep your bush young by taking out old canes an old cane is one has fruited for four years are more that you had good harvest from this young up bush look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here