Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Container blueberries popping in NE

Posted by edweather Zone 5a/b Central NY (My Page) on
Sun, May 12, 13 at 21:49

L to R, Bluecrop, KaBluey, Blueray, Sweetcrisp (in the small black container,) Patriot, then another Bluecrop, and the lone container in front is a Farthing. All have blossoms except the Sweetcrisp which is 2 years old now. Freeze watch for tomorrow night. Will probably have to cover them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Container blueberries popping in NE

Looking great Ed! Does the sweetcrisp have fruitbuds? Ive got 7 of those half drums ready to go now and will be potting up all my sweetcrisp in them and a few select others. Springhigh, Scintilla, Jewel and Snowchaser are definatly getting a permant home at my house. The others are still alittle iffy in my mind at this point. Have you gotten to taste all of your varieties to this point?

o

Thanks blueboy. No, the Sweetcrisp is the only one without fruitbuds. I've only tasted the Bluecrop and Blueray, the others were too young last year. The Blueray has a heavy set of blossoms this year, but not too heavy......there are leaves with the blossoms.

o

I hope they are all good for you. Even the worst ones in my yard are better than anything store bought. Hope the sweetcrisp will fruit for you up there. They really are outstanding and by far the best berry I have. I wish you luck!

o

Per the Sweetcrisp patent abstract, it is hardy to -15 C. (5 F.).

o

Ed,

Nice looking plants. You are still getting freezing weather? Geez........

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here