Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scaper_austin

drip irrigation question

scaper_austin
11 years ago

OK I am growing several stone fruit trees in containers on drip irrigation. Twice now in the last two weeks I have noticed that my drip spikes have been acting like they are clogged or something and have only been dribbling out water when normally they are putting out a good spray. I cant explain why this is happening. I am using 1/2 inch black line then using 1/4inch micro tubing and a drip spike that spins out water 360 degrees and is adjustable and my system runs of a water spigot with a psi regulator run with a timer. When I noticed the problem both times I fiddled with the spikes and opened it up more and then it started working correctly. The problem is when the system is running I am not always here and Im afraid of disaster and I really dont want to have to adjust the spikes every day. This same setup worked perfectly all last year with no issue so I was surprised with two glitches in the last week or so. Anyone know what may cause this? Anyone know of anything to try and correct the problem? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scape

Comments (3)