Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fruit tree disease

Posted by Acehigh0111 6b pennsylvania (My Page) on
Sat, May 31, 14 at 22:37

Hi, I'm starting to experience a disease on two of my fruit trees in my back yard. I noticed this a couple weeks ago, sprayed them once with an all purpose bug/disease fruit tree spray and my sprayer broke. I've been away from home but I did pick up another sprayer and spray them again today and need some help to identify the disease to ensure I'm taking the right steps.

Last fall I did trim the trees for the first time ever. I'm worried I may have not done this properly and caused the disease to start. So far the disease is limited to 5% of the tree.

I believe these are my apple trees... lol... not 100% sure and definitely couldn't tell you exact genus/species of the tree but they are maybe 10 years old or less.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fruit tree disease

That's a peach tree.
The curled leaves are peach leaf curl
Need dormant sprays. Spraying now won't help.
Affected leaves will drop early. Collect & discard.

o

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Sat, May 31, 14 at 22:48

Your peach has peach leaf curl disease. To control it the plants need to be sprayed late fall and early spring before the buds start to swell. Spraying now will not help. Discarding the diseased leaves might help a little for next year. Use the search feature and you can find plenty of info. We get the same question and pictures regularly. 5% is not serious, don't fret.

o

That's Peach Leaf Curl on your Peach tree.
Those leaves should die and fall off in weather that has no rain.
The best time to spray for control,is in the Fall when a majority of the foliage is gone and/or in late Winter/early Spring with Copper or another chemical. Brady

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here