Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christyrocny

sad apricot

ChristyRocNY
9 years ago

I have an apricot tree that suddenly has the edges of most of its leaves curling under. As in, they weren't curled yesterday morning and now they are.
I "temporarily" planted it in a pot last summer, and brought it down to my basement for the winter so the roots wouldn't freeze, but changes to the insulation in our house seem to have kept it warmer down there than in past years, and the plants I was trying to keep dormant woke up much earlier than expected. And winter outside continued longer than expected. So, it was pretty leafed out, but blanched, by the time I brought it up, and had a bit of an aphid problem. The pale leaves ended up getting spotty, and I plucked off the problem ones.
It was looking like it would make an uneventful recovery, then today it seems to have a mystery leaf-curling ailment, and Google isn't shedding any light on the situation. Nothing seems to fit! There are no longer any signs of insects of any kind on the tree. No pink/red "blisters" like in the peach leaf curl pictures. The other apricot leafroll disease I found causes the leaves to curl upward. The tree hasn't been outside yet, so not cold damage.
Any other suggestions?
I tried to take some pictures, but need better light to be able to see anything.

Comments (5)