Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where to buy mulberries?

Posted by kansasfruiter (My Page) on
Wed, May 2, 12 at 23:13

Hi,
I am looking to buy a couple mulberry trees. Where would you recommend?
Thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where to buy mulberries?

I bought some potted IE mulberry plants from Starks and they are leafed out and ready to take off. Some plants had berries on them.

o

Raintree, One Green World & Burnt Ridge all carry a nice selection of mulberries, if they are still shipping

Carla in Sac

o

Burnt Ridge should still be shipping as they shipped my order today. And yes, it has a mulberry tree (Persian Black) in it :)

I got an IE a couple weeks ago from Raintree (nothing yet from the tree).

o

Whitmans Farms sells excellent plants and has good selection.
Olga

o

I believe I got mine a couple years ago from a Home Depot or a Lowes.

o

I bought a Gerardi/Geraldi dwarf mulberry from Burnt Ridge earlier this spring, and I'm very pleased with the quality. The listing didn't specify the size or whether it was potted or bare root, so I didn't really know what to expect. When I opened the box, I was pleased to find a well rooted (but not root bound) 18" tree in a one gallon nursery pot. At this point (approximately 6 weeks after transplanting), it's fully leafed out and blooming.

o

I got my Illinois Everbearing from Burnt Ridge and was quite satisfied. Be aware, deer seem to love them as they stripped mine clean a couple times.

o

This time of year I would get a potted plant, I have lost too many bareroot plants in May when a hot spell fries them. I recently got a potted mulberry from Whitman farms and it is doing very well.

Scott

o

Last season I purchased (4) potted IE mulberries from Starks for $76 and shipping was free. Whitman Farms wanted $100 + shipping. Starks was half price for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here