Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
citrus leaf damage & bug i.d. help please

Posted by mes111 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 0:10

Can anyone help i.d. the problem with this citrus?

Also I found these armadillo looming bugs on the stems.
?..?.....?

Thanx Mikes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: citrus leaf damage & bug i.d. help please

Bug

o

Bug on the lam

o

On the lam

o

Mikes the bug is a wolly mealy bug.

The plant is in a pot I assume.......maybe post in on the citrus forum as there are a lot of people there that grow in pots. I have 15 citrus in the ground and have never seen leaves do that so I would just be guessing at the cause.

Here is a link that might be useful: Citrus forum

o

Same here, but that looks like sumburn I get on plants I didnt acclimate good enough.......

o

Bamboo,

This one is on Long Island, NY and YES it is in a pot and was indoors over winter. I noticed this when I put the pots out this weekend.

Canadianplant: Not sunburn as it was indoors when this happened. I had it under a Compact Florescent bulb until being taken out.

Thanx
Mike

o

Was it really close to the light? Just to clarify, this happened indoors, not outside?

o

Especially when plants are in pots my go to would be it got dry or fertilizer burn but I am clueless about pot culture. Steve (fruitnut) may know as he is very knowledgeable on pot culture and does grow citrus.

If the NSA is listening in.... growing in a pot not the growing of pot :)

o

C: yes this happened indoors. I had it about 12 inches from the light and only in the last week or so before I decided to put them out for the season. I will be re-potting this weekend.

B: Shhhhhhhh

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here