Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aliaub

Crickets destroying my apple tree!

aliaub
9 years ago

Hi All,

Sorry if there is a posting similar to this, I tried searching but couldn't find anything...

I have a newly planted Anna apple (bareroot planted in January). It has been healthy and has looked great until about a month ago. The leaves started to get eaten by something. I sprayed it with a Neem oil solution several times to help. It has looked a little better until the last week. It is literally being eaten to shreds! I have been checking the tree several times a day looking for the culprit. Nothing. Tonight I decided to take a flashlight out to look at night and there is literally hundreds of crickets on the tree! They are eating away all the nearly dead leaves. I have a total of 9 new fruit trees in the same area but this is the only tree getting attacked. Has anyone had a similar problem? If so, is there a good organic way to kill these things and revive my poor tree? I am getting diatomaceous earth next week to help kill them around the outside areas we have found them but I don't know how to keep them off the tree in the meantime...

Thank you so much for any help!

Comments (4)