Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pear tree

Posted by PeterS1938 uk (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 4:14

Hi
I have a 5year old pear tree that was absolutely full of blossom which all set,but all the fruit are dropping off. Its in a very large frost free pot and fed and watered on a regular basis.Can somebody please advise?
Pete.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pear tree

Pears very often do this if unpollinated. Could that explain it in your case?

o
RE: pear tree

Wish I could help you, but I am having the same issues. My trees are in the ground and I have four each of Luscious, Parker, and Patton. Every year they have flowered I have had the same result. The bees work them heavy, so it can't be lack of pollinators.

Not sure how far along your fruit are getting before the drop, but maybe too heavy a crop? you said it had lots of blossoms, and they all set, maybe thinning would have helped? still, I can't see them all dropping.

Do you spray? some sprays can act as a thinning agent if you spray within 30 days of fruit set, label should say so.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here