Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
plum disease question

Posted by harvestman 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 30, 13 at 7:07

We've had very tropical weather with lots of rain last three weeks. Seems to have defeated the magic of my Earli-magic plum tree. Looks like most plums are heading to early rot.

Nothing below the surface and the malady isn't affecting nearby J. plum varieties. Anyone know what this is?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: plum disease question

Could be early stages of brown rot/black rot.

o

Could be, but I've never seen it here like that. The brown rot has always come later- plus the tree was sprayed with Indar 3 weeks ago. I will put some Indar on the tree when I get a chance to try to rescue some of the crop.

I've never gotten black rot on plums so I don't know how it would look.

o

Could be injury, birds pecking?

o

I don't think it is animal or insect injury, haven't seen anything in the tree and I have plenty of other plums including a couple of methelys which ripen at about same time that have no similar damage.

o

sure looks like some type of fungal disease to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here