Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bamboo_rabbit

For those that have not noticed....

bamboo_rabbit
11 years ago

Garden web has finally upgraded to just past the stone age:) You can now place photos directly from your computer in to your posts without having to use an outside service like photobucket. There is now a "Image file to upload (optional):" button when you make a post.

Comments (19)

• Noogy
    11 years ago

Thanks BR. I didn't notice and I bet others didn't either.
    Lemme guess, you're eating blueberries?
    I just had my first 'Duke', an early northern highbush that is typically ready in 1st week of July! I lost bout 20% to freeze, but I'll still be eating.
    I've tried to convince my brother in Dallas to get some of the southern varieties y'all have but he plans on moving. I told him to put them in pots and he laughed.
    I tell ya, i sunk an 'elliott' in a huge 12 gal pot and have babied it. It loves it.

• johnthecook
    11 years ago

Cool! I'm not at all computer technical.

• calistoga_al ca 15 usda 9
    11 years ago

Terrific! I had figured out how to it the hard way, but am still always looking for something easier. Al

• hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA
    11 years ago

I saw that! Now, if they would just let you edit your post. And, a vote for having the "notify" check box automatically checked for you when you start a new message. And, a better search engine that lets you do an "advanced search", and also allows you to sort your search items by relevance, date posted, poster, etc.

Patty S.

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

Thanks a lot bamboo_rabbit , I did not notice till you point it out. How does this upload thing work? just up load all the pictures together or else? Say, if I want to have each picture separated by text in between, Do I just re-arrange the link or image files insert into the body of text ?

Since we are here discussing the posting method, I have another question: how does this "Optional Link URL:" and "Name of the Link:" work. I am always wondering how some people is able to post "Here is a link that might be useful: ..... " and thinking it might have to do with this "Optional Link URL:". Anyone here would point it out how this was done?

Also , did any of you experience problem of doing search? Everytime I try to use search buttom to search some key words, my screen goes blank, nothing show up. I am wondering it is my computer or more common problem to others as well.

• ltilton
    11 years ago

Gotta try this.

• franktank232
    11 years ago

tilton-

You bag pears?

Does it automatically resize them or will we have giant photos if we don't do it before hand?

• denninmi
    11 years ago

Well, as forums go, that is only a minor improvement. So, we have gone from using the rock as we found it to chipping an edge into it to turn it into an ax. Still stuck in the stone age, but moving slightly towards the present.

Honestly, I don't know why they can't have a full-fledged forum that allows things such as editing of posts, etc. Most forums do.

• johnthecook
    11 years ago

ltilton you leave the plastic on above the ziploc seal? This works? I read to remove this. If it isn't needed it would save time cutting.

• franktank232
    11 years ago

Dennis-

I know. I have no idea why we have been stuck with this garbage for so long. I've been coming to this forum for probably a decade now (if not longer) and its still the same. I probably was logging in on a 56K dial up modem!

There are other forums out there...i've noticed the citrus folks moved to another site and so have the tropical fruit guys.

• ltilton
    11 years ago

I don't strip the top of bags with so little above the seal. These are cheap generic sandwich bags.

I get what I think are 2nd gen codling moth stings in my pears, that turn into rot. And this year, I had to bag the Honeysweets before the birds pecked them all to death. They couldn't peck on the Kieffers, noooo.

• bamboo_rabbit
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Noogy,

Eating frozen berries now our harvest of the high bush is long since over. I do have one rabbit still producing and the sunshine blues are just finishing.

Frank,

It will auto resize for you.

Patty,

Editing sure would be nice.

Olympia,

I just tried the pic thing and even in the preview you don't see it so organizing multiple pictures (if you can) may be difficult.

Far as the url that is easy. Copy the url you want and paste it in the optional link url. The name link is just whatever name you want to give it.

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

bamboo_rabbit , Thanks.

I agree, this web page can be designed a little more user friendly, such as, spell check; a buttom to return back after clipping; my search buttom never worked, maybe browser issue, but it can be fixed when design the website. ..

• franktank232
    11 years ago

Firefox has built in spell check... very handy.

• bamboo_rabbit
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Google Chrome has a built in spell checker as well.

• johnmerr
    11 years ago

Thanks, Rabbit.

I noticed that new "thing" on the Post a Follow-Up area; just didn't know what it was or how to use it. At my advance age, it is always nice to learn something new.

John

• flora_uk
    11 years ago

Yippee - so here are some gooseberries. What an advance.

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

flora, I notice your ggoseberry has hair, mine doesn't. What variety do you have in the picture? Is it usually that gooseberry fruit has hair?

• franktank232
    11 years ago

Lets see if this work. Some Tomcots about ready to be picked.

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus