Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lemon Tree Leaves

Posted by Chr2241287 Mass (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 9:18

I have has my lemon tree for three months now and the leaves just don't look right and are not changing. Can someone tell me what's going on here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lemon Tree Leaves

Looks like you have a varigated variety.

o
RE: Lemon Tree Leaves

MrsG is correct, you have a variegated lemon. What is the cultivar name of your lemon? If it's 'Pink Lemonade', this is a variegated lemon cultivar with pink tinged flesh. Pretty tree, pretty fruit (which also starts out variegated when it's green), but not the juiciest lemon out there. Mainly grown for it's very lovely foliage. If this is just a branch that popped up and is sporting variegation, you're seeing what citrus do here and there - sport interesting genetic differences. You can cut off a piece of budwood from this sport, and graft to citrus rootstock, and grow an entirely variegated cultivar. And, I might suggest if you have citrus questions, to post over on the Citrus Forum.

Patty S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here