Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall Gold raspberry..gold in summer?

Posted by Ninkasi 6ish (Germany) (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 2, 14 at 9:34

Hi Everyone--
This is my first season with raspberries and I have started with the highly-reccomended Fall Gold. I purchased rooted canes in 4in pots in early April. Since then, they have just taken off, and I am getting lots of berries, and some of them are gold already.

From what I understand about this variety, they should be getting ripe in the Fall.. not now.

What am I doing wrong here? or were these mislabeled? Should I take the early fruit off? They are in large containers, weather here has been between 50F and 80F for the last two months.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall Gold raspberry..gold in summer?

Here is another picture of the plant, with the growers card in it so you can see the comparison of the fruit. Is it ripe already?

o

Fall gold is ever bearing, it gives a spring crop on the floricanes and in the fall the primocanes fruit.

My fall gold floricanes have been giving me fruit for the last month....very good taste

o

Not ripe yet though. I find it fairly insipid unless dark orange and soft. Even then not that impressed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here