Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Concord Grapes

Posted by MrsG47 7 RI (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 10:18

This is the first year (after four years of growing) that I have tiny, pollinated clusters of Concord grapes. Since I've only had leaves in the past, how can I best protect them? The vine grows like weed, and this year has tons more sun (due to cutting back privet). Can I use my triaz. mixture on them? Thanks, Mrs. G

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Concord Grapes

Mrs. G., How big are your grapes? I have concord grapes and mine have grape clusters for the first time, too. But I was at a nursery yesterday and they were selling concord grape vines that were covered in grape clusters and the grapes were the size of small marbles already. Mine are like the size of the tip of a ball point pen right now. Are yours similar in size?

I'm worried mine might not be getting sufficient sunlight or if I should have fertilized them already or something.

Hopefully the ones at the nursery just got shipped in from somewhere warmer where the grapes got a head start...

o

Mine are the size of yours; they should be. We are surrounded by vineyards and their grapes (wine grapes) are the same as ours. I do believe nurseries sell more fruit trees and vines if there is noticeable fruit on the branch! Mrs. G

o

Yes, they use hormones on them to induce fruiting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here