Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Exchanging budwood?

Posted by franktank232 z5 WI (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 18, 12 at 10:23

Does this work? I've always budded the same day as I collected bud wood. Has anyone exchanged bud wood and was it successful? How should a person send bud wood? What shipping method works best? Too early yet around here for me to be chip budding, but a few weeks from now I'll probably start.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Exchanging budwood?

I have successfully grafted budwood mailed to me many times. I even had success grafting some summer budwood the following spring. Its not as durable as scionwood but its better than you might think given that it was growing when you cut it. The main problem is avoiding the summer heat waves during the mailing. You can spend the $$ on Fedex or pack in a cooler, but if sent fresh it often does OK in regular mail.

If you want to try a test, email me and I'll USPS you a few things.

Scott

o

Scott-

I sent you an email through GW, but not sure if you got it or not...

o

No, I didn't. The GW form never gets to me for some reason. You can email me directly at scottfsmith --at-- slant . com (removing spaces etc).

Scott

o

That would be it then...

email sent...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here