Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First pluots in Wisconsin?

Posted by franktank232 z5 WI (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 3, 12 at 10:33

Probably not, but the 4 in 1 pluot from Raintree decided to hold 5 or 6 Geo Pride pluots. What is funny is that this tree had very little in the way of roots. I even repotted it one time into a larger container (just as it was waking up).

Photobucket

Fruitnut will be so proud.

Reliance Peach seedling:
Photobucket

Tomcots are going to turn soon.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First pluots in Wisconsin?

Everything looks nice and clean, Frank, good job. You deserve some success after everything you've gone through to get them to this point.

I'll be thinking about you as I eat tasteless California fruit (well, I'll probably not bother too much, at least I have strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, currents, gooseberries coming on, and melon transplants ready to go in the ground).

o

Frank:

Very nice fruit!!! It all looks great. Just one thing, those don't look like Geo Pride. I could be wrong but Geo Pride isn't elongated like yours. Looks a bit more like Flavor Grenade.

o

I guess when they ripen, then I'll be able to verify with you what they are. Here is the tag on the branch...Dave Wilson better not of messed up my tree! :) :) It looks like they use some sort of color identification on the branches (Geo is green/Flavor is yellow)...?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dennis-
Thanks a lot. A lot of clean fruit, but a lot of ugly fruit. I filled almost a 5 gallon bucket up with PC infested apples. 2 sprays of Permethrin was a savior for the 'cots and plums, but the apples got neglected and it was too late. Nothing wrong with berries. I can't believe the kids and I haven't turned red from the strawberries! You'll have a bumper crop next year and i'll probably have a yard of dead trees from -50F temps!

o

You think permethrin more effective than triazicide?

o

Can't say for sure, but looking at how bad my apples got hit and how clean the sprayed apricots and plums look, it must have been effective, especially with only 2 sprays (about 10-12 days apart).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here