Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
meyer lemon, key lime, and blood orange tree.

Posted by blue72 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 18, 12 at 10:53

i just got them today they came in a 2.5 pot. when should i switch pots and what size pot and what of ferzilter. have some garden soil.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: meyer lemon, key lime, and blood orange tree.

You don't say where you live and whether or not these citrus will be staying in containers, or going into the ground. You I am assuming they will be staying in containers. You definitely should pot them up into something larger. I would move up to at least a 7 gal. container, and do not use "garden soil". It is not well enough draining. I use EB Stone Cactus Mix, but there are even better home-made mixes you can create. If you search for "gritty mix" you will see the recipes. One of our container citrus experts here, like Meyer Mike can probably give you the link to the message containing the recipe. And of course, regular and frequent fertilizing with something like DynaGrow Foliage Pro will keep your citrus healthy and happy.

Patty S.

o

Oops, forgot to mention, you're probably better off posting your questions over on the Citrus Forum here at the GardenWeb :-)

Patty S.

o

i live in detroit. and were can buy EB Stone Cactus Mix and DynaGrow Foliage Profrom.

o

Well, EB Stone's products may not be available in Michigan. I live in California, and it's probably a California product. So, I would ask about how to make your own potting mix for citrus over on the Citrus Forum. You can search the term "gritty mix" and find the recipe. It really works very well for citrus, which must have very good draining soil, so just generic "garden soil" would not really work for citrus for you. DynaGrow Foliage Pro can be ordered on amazon.com.

Patty S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here