Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glenn_russell_gw

Ferbam Found, but do I want it?

glenn_russell
15 years ago

It took a bit of detective work, but I was able to find Ferbam. One of my searches found Ferbam on a pricelist PDF of a company. The fact that it was there was a mistake, and they no longer carry it. But, they did give me the contact info of another company.

Basically, they have huge 44lb bags of the stuff in stock at $256.00 lbs per bag at Helena Chemical Co in Hatfield Mass.

IÂd even consider seeing if others here on the forum would be interested in going in on the order together, but 1) IÂm not sure of the legalities of that I know shipping it is problematic, and 2) I donÂt know of a good way in these archaic forums to share personal information safely (This site doesnÂt support things like Âprivate messagesÂ, etc)

I know Ferbam is a favorite of a few of our best contributors here on the forum, but the EPA may have been effective in making this just-unattractive-enough so that IÂm looking at the two fungicides: Mancozeb (Manzate/Dithane) and Immunox for my CAR and now Powdery Mildew issues.

Since my Bonide Fruit Tree spray really wasnÂt protecting me from CAR like it said it was, maybe my CAR problem really isnÂt that bad. Maybe a dormant copper spray and some Mancozeb or Immunox, would be a better solution for me?

I already have another posting about Immunox (sorry for the duplication), but if anyone has any experience with Apples and Immunox/Mancozeb, then IÂm interested to hear about them. Specifically, IÂm interested in how often it needs to be sprayed is just twice enough like Ferbam, or do I need to do it constantly like the Bonide. Also, any other thoughts on these two fungicides would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Glenn

Comments (7)