Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Strawberries...

Posted by Christopher.G 3 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 17, 13 at 11:35

Ok, I'm a novice gardener, this attempt is the first time I've done it, however, I believe, in my brain, that its thriving. I've done some research on good bugs/bad bugs , diseases to keep and ones to get rid of, certain conditions to plant and certain ones to not.. now for some reason, ive started growing strawberries... and i cant tell them apart from what is growing in my strawberry patch, which is adjacent to Asparagus and Red Onions. I will post pictures as soon as i go take them , which will be when i post this message.... So if I may possibly get some knowledge from a wise old earthen druid about which is which and what is what.. I would appreciate it very much.

P.s:(EDIT) how do i post more pictures :(

This post was edited by Christopher.G on Mon, Jun 17, 13 at 11:59

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Strawberries...

Not close-up enough to tell much.

Did you perchance plant strawberries from seed?

o

i can take more.. if u need

no, i bought these little baggies with roots and such, followed the directions step by step and even used google to tell me which way to plant them lol.. like i said... novice

This post was edited by Christopher.G on Mon, Jun 17, 13 at 12:35

o

Those don't look like strawberries to me. If anything, I'd say they appear to be wild geranium.

o

ok so its safe to say i can turn the plot and wait for fall plantings?

o

I think they do look kind of strawberry-like. Would rather see a much closer photo before you rip them out. Finding strawberries to plant in the fall can be more difficult.

o

I will post updated pictures tomorrow morning. I'll wait for more opinions since I don't know what to look for before i rip everything out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here