Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this plum tree doing? Tree doctor needed

Posted by olympia_gardener 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 12 at 11:39

I have this big 3-1 Japanese plum bare root tree from Raintree. I planted it at least 6 weeks ago... I really lost track of when exactly I planted it, later April, eraly May , or maybe even earlier. It just sits there doing nothing! Is it suppoded to have leaves grow out considering the weather is warm enough herein 90 degrees? Is it alive or dead? Or slow dying? Anyone can explain what is going on and advise what should I do to this tree?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this plum tree doing? Tree doctor needed

The presence of green branches suggests it's not dead. Yet.

o

It is having transplant shock, cross your fingers it gets over it.

Scott

o

Thanks guys. key word is " yet" and cross the "fingers" .

This is a replacement tree. The original tree died about same way last year, slowly getting more and more brown branches , then finally all dead. I planted it in different spot thought where first tree died is unlucky spot. But this tree is way big than the original one. Original tree had pencile thin sticks. This one has over 1" trunk and all well branches out. The tree itself is much taller too. I had big hope when this tree arrived and thinking it is s big strong looking tree . It has to make it. I hate to go back to the nursary asking for another tree for this one is not complete dead yet, but how long I have to wait till it recovers from the transplant shock? I hate miss another growing season.

I have a Santa Rose grows like nothing can kill it. and this one acts nothing can make it grow! Just in gerenal, how easy to grow a japanese plum?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here