Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hot peach trees

Posted by john222-gg ms / 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 8, 12 at 12:03

I am not new to the forum. I was still working. I now have time to tend to my trees.I will have lots of questions like this one. My peach trees have been doing fine till this year. When they bloomed they never made any fruit and the little peaches were deformed that did stay on the tree and they never grew.The trees were late putting on leaves.I was wondering if the warm weather we had this year was causing my problems.All help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hot peach trees

I think you need to phrase your question more specifically and perhaps post photos of your problem.

o

Fruit set varies from year to year due to many factors, especially the prevailing weather. If too cold and/or rainy, bees won't be pollinating. If not pollinated, the fruit drops before it's full size.

o
RE: hot peach trees -

Meant to add that you can check to see if pollinated or not. Cut a fallen fruit in half. If any sign of a seed is missing, wasn't pollinated.

o

I am trying to load pictures so you can see what I am talking about. My trees still don't have all there leaves. As soon as I can you will see picture's

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here