Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what type of grape

Posted by michelleml28 kansas (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 24, 12 at 12:07

We recently purchased a ranch and found it has about 12 grapevines. Im not sure what type they are if anyone could help it would be appreciated. They are not on a trellis so i need to know if i could still build one for them or should i just leave them alone

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what type of grape

Michelle:

Sample the grapes this summer. If they suit your needs you can build a trellis this winter. Cut them back as much as needed to get the vines up on the trellis. They may need cutting back nearly to the ground. If so train the resulting strong shoots up the trellis. You can have grapes on the trellis next year if you can save some of this years growth to fruit next year. If you must remove all of this years growth you can still have grapes in 2014.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here