Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Apple tree help

Posted by NEFLgardener none (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 13:35

Here in North Florida, I planted two apple trees probably about 2-3 months ago. One is a Dorsett Golden and the other an Anna.

The Dorsett seems to be thriving, while the Anna is struggling. See picture taken at lunch today (Anna in background).

I have given a little fertilizer (10-10-10), some water when we haven't had rain in a week or so. I staked it when first planted, had taken stake out for past few weeks only to restake it. Some leaves almost look like they have been eaten,

Any thoughts as to why the Anna is not thriving as well? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Apple tree help

My thought: perhaps your soil is a bit different from tree to tree. Verify that water is getting down to the rootzone of that Anna. Dig, probe, and get a bit aggressive without doing too much damage to the roots. You may find it is dry down there.

o
RE: Apple tree help

Or too wet. I have a plum that almost died, discovered it was in a poor-draining spot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here