Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
little bitty premature cherries

Posted by oldryder (4), MN (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 8, 12 at 13:48

Got 2 dwarf cherry trees that have produced well in the past. not sure what they are.

this year one of them looks good with lots of green fruit that looks normal.

the other tree has small relatively elongated fruit many of which appear to be turning red very prematurely. tree seems healthy otherwise.

suggestions anyone

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: little bitty premature cherries

Every time I see fruits turning color prematurely, they're infested.

o

Itilton, infested with what? Some of my Montmorency cherries look normal and some are turning prematurely yellow.

o

Here, infested with PC

o

Could be pc, could be lack of water, could be pollination, could be frost issues? Its so hard to know... What kind of cherries are we talking, sweet or sour?

o

sour. if PC why only one tree? if I post a few pics will that help?

o

Split open one of my premature yellowing cherries; it was free of insects, no PC. I think the late cold weather must have disrupted pollination. My tree was loaded with blossoms and fruit. We've had plenty of rain, spray sched. has been followed. I probably have forty cherries left of the tree. It was the odd winter, I'm sure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here