Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
donut peach exudate

Posted by nelson_ny NY, 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 9, 13 at 14:19

A couple of years ago I planted out a doughnut peach tree. Unfortunately most of the fruit is affected early on by something that causes a kind of crystallized exudate to form, mostly at the blossom end, which dries hard, almost like pine pitch - see attached photo. My other peach, a white, doesn't have this problem. Any idea of what it is & what can be done about it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: donut peach exudate

This thread may help:

Here is a link that might be useful: Dark spots on peach thread

o
RE: donut peach exudate

You have some peach scab there (little brown spots). Also the ends of donut peaches are open and they exude gooey sap in rain which hardens to that black stuff. The black stuff on the side looks like injury from bird or bug or something which then oozed and hardened. You can treat the scab but the ooze is just something the flat peaches do sometimes. I had marble-sized balls of ooze on the blossom ends of some of my flat peaches after the recent rain spell.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here