Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carla_12

When to spray fruit trees

carla_12
9 years ago

I live near Nashville TN. Is it too late in the year to spray my fruit trees with pesticide? I have a couple of cherry trees that have leaves that are turning yellow on one half of the tree - the other side is beautiful. Should I also spray my apple, pear, peach, and plum trees just for safe keeping? Last year I had a little trouble with black leaves in one area of my apple trees but they did ok till (this) spring when I pruned them back pretty hard (in early spring!). They are beautiful right now and I want to keep them that way... I don't want them to go through the same thing that they went through last year. I used to have apple trees back in the 80's that were already well established when we bought the land (in up-state New York). They guy told us to spray them "every year" to keep the worms out of them but I can't remember what season it was when we sprayed them! The rest of my fruit trees (on my land here in TN) never give me any trouble (only my apple and cherry trees) so I have never had to worry about spraying them. ALL the fruit trees on my land are between 4 to 6 years old and I've never sprayed them.

Comments (3)