Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEWA weatherstations expanding!

Posted by windfall_rob vt4 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 3, 13 at 15:01

I don't know if any of the folks here ever use the NEWA website from cornell. It's a pretty handy pest control info source if you happen to have one of their weather station reporters nearby.

It used to be just a handful of stations in upstate NY and a couple in VT....now they have tons all over the northeast. It has likely been growing gradually for several years I just had not noticed.

The site has built in degree day calculators that use the local weather station info in conjunction with user adjustments like local bud-break and petal fall dates to predict pest activity and disease pressure for a large number of problems for a number of crops (apples included)

http://newa.cornell.edu/

hope some of you find it helpful in targeting your control measures.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEWA weatherstations expanding!

On that same note, those of you living in the southeast might find CRONOS useful. CRONOS is the Climate Retrieval and Observations Network of the Southeast.

Click the map icon and you can find a station near you.

Here is a link that might be useful: CRONOS

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here