Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsg47

kocide 3000 v/s immunox and triaz.

mrsg47
9 years ago

I have another spraying coming up on my schedule in two weeks. Can I switch to kocide 3000 with a sticker versus my usual immunox and triazacide? What will I be missing if I switch:? Many thanks, Mrs. G

Comments (9)

• mamuang_gw
    9 years ago

Mrs. G,

Kocide is used for trees in dormant stage only. I don't think you can use it when trees leave out.

What are you spraying for, please?

• mrsg47
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mamuang thanks! I have not yet done my research on Kocide and didn't know it was a spray used during dormancy. I'm just spraying (preventatively) within my regular schedule for Canker, blight, fungi, and insects.

I bought a five pound bag of Kocide this past spring. Why is is supposed to be so good, if you only use it once (?) during dormancy? Thanks, Mrs. G

• mrsg47
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mamuang thanks! I have not yet done my research on Kocide and didn't know it was a spray used during dormancy. I'm just spraying (preventatively) within my regular schedule for Canker, blight, fungi, and insects.

I bought a five pound bag of Kocide this past spring. Why is is supposed to be so good, if you only use it once (?) during dormancy? Thanks, Mrs. G

• ca_cherry_grower
    9 years ago

Kocide is not a dormant only spray, I have used it for fireblight control on my pear trees and in our commercial orchard before petal fall.

FYI, not sure where you are located, but in many areas of the country the bacteria that causes the canker disease has developed a resistance to copper and copper is no longer recommended for control of Bacterial Canker.

• mamuang_gw
    9 years ago

Do you use the same strength for dormant season and during growing season?

I use it for Peach Leave Curl and bacterial leave spot, not for canker. I spray it during a dormant stage only. So far, it works for both issues.

• mrsg47
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks CA cherry grower. I live in RI by the sea. We have high humidity in July and Aug. Canker abounds in those months as do various borers. I try to keep it all under control. Mrs. G

• c5tiger
    9 years ago

How many tbsp are you all mixing per gallon in dormant and growing season? I have been using 2 tbsp/gallon when dormant but have no idea if this is right amount. I have not used it during the growing season.

• ca_cherry_grower
    9 years ago

In terms of strength, we always follow label directions. Can't specifically recall how it compares summer to winter applications. We purchase Kocide in commercial Ag quantities which gives the rate per acre. I have reduced the amounts down to home use and have a measuring cup that is labeled for the correct quantity. Not sure how many tablespoons that comes out to.

• mamuang_gw
    9 years ago

I use between 1.5- 2.0 tbsp/gal of water during a dormant stage, too. I add Nufilm 17 for sticker. I've not used it during a growing season. So far, I could get by without it.

I went back to read the label. It does warn about crop injury if not use properly.

Here's the label.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kocide label