Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Curling apple leaves

Posted by ernie85017 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 16, 12 at 15:14

Hi,
I have been lurking for a while, enjoying all your posts
I have 2 young apple trees which have never blossomed or set fruit. The leaves are curling, like a taco. Curling UP, on either side of the main vein of each leaf.
I can't find something that looks like this anywhere on the net.
I am in Phoenix and it is hot as heck here already. I believe I am watering adequately, but you may know better.
Any ideas what is wrong?
One is granny smith, and the other I cannot remember! It's probably written down somewhere....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Curling apple leaves

Look for aphids on the underside?

-Eric
----------------------------------------------------

o

• Posted by AJBB none (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 16, 12 at 22:31

Given our recent string of 107 degree days and the intense sun of June, your trees are massively heat stressed. You need to shade your trees and likely water for a longer period of time.

o

NO aphids.

I think the water is the likely culprit. Thanks. I wanted to make sure nothing else was wrong.

Poor things, standing out in the heat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here