Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Confusing Munger Black Raspberry Photo

Posted by JStubbs 5b (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 15:38

Has any one else looked at the picture in the StarkBros catalog (or on the website) for Munger black raspberry (link below) and thought that it seems as though the berries pictured are not hollow but rather have the 'rasp' inside them, like a blackberry would?

I've puzzled over this for a while and can't quite figure it out- it sure doesn't look like their images of other raspberries but, I would think that a company like them wouldn't accidentally photograph blackberries instead of black raspberries.

Anyone actually have munger and if so, do they look like the picture at StarkBros?

Here is a link that might be useful: Munger Picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Confusing Munger Black Raspberry Photo

• Posted by murky z8f pnw Portlan (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 17:17

Those are clearly blackberries. That kind of thing makes me angry.

It makes you wonder if their other pictures of varieties are of the correct variety, or just any stock photo of the type of fruit.

o

Perhaps a mix-up. 18 of their 19 raspberry images are correct, or, they didn't have a Munger photo and tried to be sneaky.

o

• Posted by murky z8f pnw Portlan (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 0:25

18 of 19 are the correct cultivar, or 18 of 19 are raspberries?

o

Well, they are all raspberries and of the right color. For the potential plant buyer, that is the best a small catalog image can do. There is no scale to provide size difference, especially when many are shown massed in containers or hand.

Moot point, as the Starks image has been corrected. Now they are 19 for 19!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here