Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with blueberrys

Posted by robfer none (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 24, 13 at 15:55

Hi Guys

Im having problems with 2 of my blueberry plants and i dont know what to do. they are beside the others planted in the same pots with the same soil and watered the same.

Can anyone please tell me whats wrong with them and what to do to cure them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with blueberrys

this plant has gone very yellow although it is still fruiting. it is not producing the same amount of fruit as the rest or as green. it is also not producing any new shoots.

o

The pumpkin-like look of the berries is typical of mummy berry.

o

There a lot on web about mummy berry.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mummy berry

o

I planted a bunch of blueberries about a month ago, 7 plants actually, and they have leafed out, but really havent grown much. Im a little disappointed. I have them in a soilless mix in containers.

o

TheDerek,
Are they being fertilized?Possibly try giving them a tablespoon of Ammonium Sulfate mixed in about 2 1/2 gallons of water,once per week.
Sometimes it also takes awhile for the roots to develop. Brady

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here