Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's your favorite garden show pod cast?

Posted by Drew51 6a SE MI (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 15:56

I have been listening to three, well four actually.
One is on WJR Detroit,with Dean Krauskopf. It is local. So info is more valuable to me.. But it is a tough listen. Podcasts can be found here:
http://www.wjr.com/common/page.php?id=1563

The one's I like are all out of CA.Don Shor and Farmer Fred

Davis Garden Show with Don Shor broadcasts live
on KDRT 95.7 FM, Davis, California
Thursdays at noon.
http://davisgardenshow.com/

Get Growing with Farmer Fred
http://www.kste.com/media/

The KFBK Garden Show with Farmer Fred
http://www.kfbk.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=FarmerFred

So do you have any you like?

This post was edited by Drew51 on Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 0:55

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's your favorite garden show pod cast?

I like the DWN videos on Youtube and the peach professor dude out of South Carolina...but i don't think either have anything up to date in the video dept.

o

DWN videos and "California Bountiful" it airs every Saturday on KCAL9 (SoCal only) at 7:00 pm.

o

• Posted by mrclint z10SoCal Valley (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 27, 13 at 15:32

To be honest, I can't remember the last time I listened to a podcast. Even during its heyday the content wasn't all that great to begin with. Youtube has some good content:

DWN Channel
Growing Your Greens
Garden Girl TV

The DWN channel is a winner. The other two are entertaining, but I don't agree with everything they recommend.

o

I like the DWN channel, but no videos in months, and I get 4 hours of podcast a week. Plus they have years and years online. So hundreds of hours. I like to listen while I'm gardening with an mp3 player and headphones. I'm actually listening while typing this message.
Plus the gardeners are very well informed, formally educated, and highly trained guests. I even heard a Tom Spellman interview with Farmer Fred. it was very cool!
He has been on numerous times.

o

Aight, way to stand your ground Drew. I have a long commute to work these days, so I will check some of this stuff out. Thanks for sharing!

o

Check out Farmer Fred first. I like his shows. None are perfect.
At least 2 shows with Spellman are on the site, Kinda hard to find. I tried posting URL, but it is too long and is trunicated if posted. I also like the shows with Debbie Flowers as guest. Pam Bone is good too!
I just wondered if any other decent shows are out there?
I wish i had a long commute!!
Don Shor is awesome but he often covers non fruit plants, but I grow a lot of them too! Lois Richter is co-host, and she is rather annoying.
But Don really knows his stuff!
Check out his blog

Here is a link that might be useful: Don's blog

This post was edited by Drew51 on Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 1:17

o

OK, that helps. I tried The Garden Show Podcast this morning and had to kill it within about 15 minutes. I'd rather look directly into the sun than listen to that nonsense. I'm a big sports talk and local college music radio (KCSN 88.5) fan during my commute, but I'm willing to give Farmer Fred a shot. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here