Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Still virtually no PC here.

Posted by denninmi 6A SE Michigan (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 8, 13 at 16:01

Had to be the freeze of 2012. I haven't found any significant PC damage, and no new scars since I surveyed.

So, not going to spray for a couple more weeks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Still virtually no PC here.

Seeing them here...killed 2 yesterday. They hit the apples pretty good (hadn't been sprayed because of all the rain). I'm pretty sure you've been warmer then here so they must have been wiped out. Don't worry. They'll be back :)

o

Oh, I know they'll be back, nature abhors a vacuum. I can't stress enough how total the 2012 freeze was, almost nothing that had set fruit or was in bloom that night had any crop - nut trees, wild black cherry, all crab apples, Bradford pear, Mt Ash. So, no fruit to lay eggs and/or larvae to live on equals dramatic population crash.

I will enjoy it while it lasts. 2012 was the year of nothing, this year the trees will be groaning under the load, the bloom was incredibly heavy and fruit set is correspondingly so.

o

Good too hear! If you need any PC...let me know. I could probably shake some out of my trees and send them to you? :)

I need to put a spray on the pluots. Those things love smooth round fruit...pluots, plums and nectarines... I'm keeping a good coating on the plums this year..not messing around anymore.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here