Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Parfianka Pomegranate changing color

Posted by purovargas 8b (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 9, 12 at 16:28

Hello, I am from San Antonio,TX and I purchased a Parfianka Pomegranate tree from Groworganic.com and this small tree has already produced fruit. It originally had nine pomegranates flowers on it but seven fell off and two turned into fruit. The ones that I hand pollinated turned into the fruit the others I was hoping the bees would do it for me. Well I just would like to know if Parfianka is supposed to change colors because all the pics I have found on the web show the fruit as being red and this one went from red to yellow is this normal?
1st stage
Flowers opening
Fruit Developing
Changing color

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Parfianka Pomegranate changing color

Ah, no. Parfianka is pinkish red. Looks more like you have 'Utah Sweet' to me. Your flowers are very indicative of 'Utah Sweet', with their crumpled appearance. Looked just like mine (no fruit this year, first year.) 'Utah Sweet' is an excellent white pom. Where did you buy your 'Parfianka'? I would think you could send these photos to the supplier and have them send you the 'Parfianka'.

Patty S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wills Orchards: Utah Sweet Pomegranate

o

Oops! I see you cited your source. They are very nice. Things get mislabelled and I am sure they will send you a Parfianka this fall to replace your mis-labelled pom. You'll enjoy this one, though!

Patty S.

o

Yeah, but this sucks I had high hopes of having a Parfianka fruit and now they are dashed! I do not even know if they would even send me a Parfianka for this mistake. The tag says Dave Wilson Nurseries on it even though I bought it from grow organic and it is still attached to the tree.

o

Sure they will. Send them the photos of the flowers and the fruit. As well as your order invoice or confirmation and ask them to send you a Parfianka this next bare root season. And enjoy your white Pom! If it's not 'Utah Sweet', it could be 'Sweet'. I also have this variety and it is as good as 'Parfianka'. You will then have exceptional poms in your yard. I think this is a win-win for you.

Patty S.

o

Tag says DWN because that is the wholesaler that groworganic.com uses for most (or maybe all) their fruiting trees.

Both are reputable companies, even if DWN mislabeled it the retailer will/should make it right. I ordered some raspberries from groworgnaic, one of the bundle of 5 had the roots broken off. I sent the pics of it and told them not to worry, just wanted them to know. They sent a raspberry in the mail next day and I had it in a few days. Give them the chance to fix the mistake.

o

well they called me back but I think they believe something is wrong with the plant like it is sick but even if it was which it is not but if it was it would change the leaves color but not the color of the fruit. They said they would call me back again so now I am just waiting for the call.

o

Hmm. Your pomegranate tree doesn't look sick to me. Can you take a full photo of the entire tree? If Grow Organic doesn't call you back in a couple of days, I would call them back to see when they are sending you out a replacement.

Patty S.

o

They e-mailed me back and gave me store credit so now I will re-order the plant next year but I hope I will receive a true Parfianka.

o

I think it was wrong to assume that its not Parfianka. Yes they start of dark red and then go green for couple of months and then turn pink red in fall.

o

Well here are the pomegranates from the parfianka or sweet I had to cut off because something was scratching at them.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34671501@N06/8624599733/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34671501@N06/8625704752/

o

Well here are the pomegranates from the parfianka or sweet I had to cut off because something was scratching at them.
IMG_1993
IMG_1997

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here