Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Goldmine Nectarine has leaf spot or leaf scorch?

Posted by backyardorchard 8 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 22, 13 at 16:43

My Goldmine Nectarine tree was growing beautifully until i noticed a bunch of leaves turning yellow. The whole tress is infected by tiny spots, then they turn yellow and fall. I'm guessing over 40+ leaves have fallen of my young tree. I live in a dry area and its been around 90+ regularly. Is my tree dying? Does my tree have bacterial leaf spot? Leaf Scorch? how can i treat it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Goldmine Nectarine has leaf spot or leaf scorch?

More pictures

o

• Posted by mrclint z10SoCal Valley (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 24, 13 at 2:16

Hard to say for sure by just a close up photo. I would snip off some of the leaves, stick them in a ziplock bag, and take it to a local nursery professional. You may need to call around if you don't know of a local nursery with trained pros on staff.

o

update: almost all the leaves fell off

o

looks like some type of bacterial spots to me. You can try fungicide spray and keep the tree well watered and see how your tree respond.

the key is prevention with dormant spray in the winter, hopefully your tree bounces back, good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here