Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Montmorency Cherry Tree

Posted by rita_70 none (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 17, 13 at 16:45

Hello,

I need some help with a tree selection. I don't have very deep backyard (only 20' deep) and almost no trees there (only one crab apple in a corner) and would like to have a nice looking tree. I don't have space / don't like very big trees so I started to look into fruit trees since they look like smaller trees in comparison to the shade trees. I found Montmorency Cherry Tree in a local nursery. It's very small now (3-4' probably) and it's very hard to tell hw will it look like when grows up. I also can't find info how ast do they grow.
Could somebody please comment about these trees? How tall / wide do they grow? How fast? I I really like their leaves :) Flowers and fruites definitely will be big bonus. But shape and size are the most important aspects for me now.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Montmorency Cherry Tree

It is best for zones 4-7 grows to about 8 to 15 feet tall has a spread of about 10 to 20 feet. Fruit is a tart cherry, best for cooking. Depending where you live you may have to spray to obtain bug free fruit. Also net the tree else the birds will take the cherries. Birds love cherries, no doubt a favorite fruit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here