Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stormywormie

Diseased strawberry plants?

stormywormie
10 years ago

I have some quinault strawberry plants that I bought at the store earlier in the season because I was so anxious to grow something. However, the plants stayed very small and no matter how much I watered they still seemed dry and brittle, like they needed more water. Then I bought some extremely healthy-looking strawberry plants from a local greenhouse. These plants looked fantastic and still, for the most part, do. I am worried, though, that the store-bought plants may have a disease because the healthier plants started to show signs of necrosis around the leaf edges after being around the first plants for a while and a few of the first plants have died off. They are producing berries, though, but my main concern is that some of the soil I used to plant these in may have gotten into my large bed and I am worried that it could infect my other plants. I'm thinking that it must be some disease because it seems like the symptoms were passed on to the healthier plants, but that they have tried hard to resist it. Here is a link to pictures on my Pinterest.

Here is a link that might be useful: Diseased Strawberries

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting