Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Golden Dorsett Summer Apple Improves

Posted by Randy31513 Georgia 8b (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 17:15

I have a Golden Dorsett producing apples for the last four years. Up till this year, the apple tree was on my short list to be burned in my barbecue smoker. It had been just an okay apple. This year though the flavor is much more complex having a flavor that can hold its head up with any other apple.

Not sure why the flavor change but I like it.

Randy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Golden Dorsett Summer Apple Improves

Yeah, Anna did that to me too. For the first few years it had a bad astringent aftertaste, and the year I was going to whack it, it turned out some really spicy apples. All was forgiven when I baked it into a pie also, you could smell it baking two houses down. I'm not sure what does it, but when they're good, they're very, very good.

o
RE: Golden Dorsett Summer Apple Improves

That is interesting. Anna apple pie is wonderful for sure and is a great apple to make apple pie filling.

Odd though this year, so far, the Anna is not as good as it has been in years past. Here we had a very warm winter and spring. Applenut, did you have a cooler than normal winter and spring?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here