Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
loquat tree seedlings

Posted by pedroza Calif. zone 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 18:45

I have 5 loquat seedlings that are now 13 years old.
2 have fruited about 3 years ago, once and haven't fruited
since. I am in zone 9.Central california. The trees are in 5 gal pots why don't they fruit and how do I get them to produce ? Any info will be greatly appreciated.
thanks , pedroza

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: loquat tree seedlings

Do you have room to plant them in the ground? The pots might be too small for them. Down here they grow like weeds and I have never heard of anybody having any problems with getting them to produce. I just sprouted a couple seeds to take to my farm to plant out there. I would be surprised if it takes more than three years for them to start to produce some.

o
RE: loquat tree seedlings

Yes one of the loquat seedling is planted in the ground, but
no fruit. one is in a meium size pot, it had fruit about 3 or 4 years ago. beautiful large fruit. But no fruit since then. I also have one that is grafted with a local graft, its loaded with fruit every year. This is a photo of the seedling that had fruit about 3 years ago. no fruit since
thanks for the follow up.

This post was edited by pedroza on Wed, Jul 3, 13 at 18:19

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here