Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bobby769

raspberry fruit has no petals

bobby769
9 years ago

Hello Everyone,

My raspberry plants look very healthy but the flowers are not turning into berries.

The flowers also had no petals.

The flowers have been there for about a month now and I see all the important parts of the flower but there were never any petals.

We've had plenty of bees and still have them hovering around.

Comments (7)

• northernmn
    9 years ago

Bobby, could you tell us what variety of raspberry that you have and maybe add a picture of the blossoms and some leaves?

• bobby769
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The flowers never got any petals. They just went from a bloom to the parts you see in the picture.

Thanks.

• bobby769
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And here's a better picture of the leaves.

• Konrad___far_north
    9 years ago

I think some have hardly any or no petals at all,..as long as the bees went on it, ..petals are there to attract bees, not needed here,..looks like another secondary set of similar petals which helps to attract bees, seems berries are setting just right.

• northernmn
    9 years ago

Your leaves and blossoms look great. I'm not sure why it is taking longer than normal, but if you have bees coming, I'm sure that you will get berries very soon. Patience grasshopper.

• bobby769
    Original Author
    9 years ago

That's great!!

Thanks for the positive reinforcement.

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    9 years ago

Yeah they may still fruit. I though had some delayed winter kill. The floricanes fruited a little, then died just last week (when it at last got hot). I thought maybe something was wrong, but it appears just to be winter kill. I still have many canes from other cultivars that are fine. Yeah they really didn't have much fruit or laterals, so it was winter kill. Other have laterals and more fruit.
    The cultivar was Caroline, I was growing a summer crop. i will still get a fall crop from Caroline. Primocanes look good! The whole bed is growing like crazy! The back row is raspberries.

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals