Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peach and Nectarine dropping yellow leaves

Posted by beeman_gardener 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 25, 14 at 19:22

I have the two trees in containers and I notice that both are dropping spotted yellow leaves. Not at the tip, but all over the leaf.
I was reading an extension trouble shooter which stated that it is more likely to be nitrogen shortage rather than bacterial spot as bacterial spot shows at the tip of the leaf.
My question, bearing in mind the containers, what would be the best material, plus application method to correct the problem?
Help would be greatly appreciate.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peach and Nectarine dropping yellow leaves

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 25, 14 at 19:36

The easiest would be a controlled release complete fertilizer or high nitrogen organic. But any other nitrogen source applied once a week would get things on track. If you go with a high salt fertilizer like 21-0-0, ammonium sulfate, It's safer to dissolve it before application at a rate of about one teaspoon per gallon. The highly soluable Miracle Grow products will green things up rapidly.

o
RE: Peach and Nectarine dropping yellow leaves

Thanks, will get right on it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here