Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow Spotting on Honeycrisp Apple

Posted by StephenVoss1 none7a (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 19:32

Hi all,
Have been noticing these spots on my Honeycrisp apple tree that I planted earlier this Spring. A little internet sleuthing seems to suggest cedar apple rust, but I'd love if a more experienced set of eyes could take a look and let me know.

many thanks,
Stephen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow Spotting on Honeycrisp Apple

I don't think it's CAR, which is more orange in tone.

o

It really doesn't look too serious, but my trees look a lot worse then that...

o

Thanks all, here's one more photo of it that shows a little more distribution on other leaves.

o

Well, those photos do look more like CAR. Do the spots go through to the underside of the leaf? This is where the conidia develop later in the course of its development.

o

The spots do go through to the underside of the leaf. Looks like I'll try some anti-fungal treatment.

Many thanks to everyone for taking a look and offering their comments.

o

If it's CAR, as it does seem, there's nothing you can do now. And there isn't much to be worried about with those few spots. Just be sure to spray them in the spring when the galls are swelling on the junipers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here