Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
With 5 apples do I need to thin?

Posted by bart1 6/7 Northern VA (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 1, 12 at 20:20

I have a Macoun apple tree that has fruit on it for the first time this year. There are a total of 5 apples on the tree. Two apples are right next to each other on the far western branch and the other three are right next to each other on the far eastern branch.

Do I need to thin these 5 down to 2 - one on each side, or can I leave them all and expect to get ripe fruit?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: With 5 apples do I need to thin?

No, the purpose of thinnning is to make the remaining apples larger. They're thinned enough. Letting five apples mature on your tree is not going to stunt it, either. Enjoy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here