Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
TangOs Peach/NJ16

Posted by kingwood 9/Houston (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 21:40

Tasted the only Tangos donut peach that the squirrels didn't get. It was very good and super sweet. Had just turned yellow, so it wasn't all the way ripe, but afraid the squirrels would get it too. They have been bursting thru my netting.

Best donut peach I have had, but I had only tasted store donuts. If you live in the South, this one is worth having.......no disease issues and it loves this humidity and heat. No problems with chill hours.

Also harvested a few Honey Blaze nectarines. These were the only ones left from squirrel raid. Got them before they were ripe also. They were good, but not as good as they are when closer to ripe. Squirrels ate all of Honey Royale. I sprayed them this year and had no problems with rot.

This is our third straight year of drought and some of my citrus has started to abort fruit.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: TangOs Peach/NJ16

Thanks for the report!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here