Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cot N Candy Aprium

Posted by Puggylover75 9B Norco, Ca (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 12 at 22:06

All of the fruit is cracking at the top and barely hanging on the stem. Is this normal for Cot n Candy aprium? Fruits are very good just not very pretty.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cot N Candy Aprium

Puggy:

Looks to me like too much water. Nothing you can do about it now but next year you might try watering less. Cot-N-Candy can be very good but not when it is over watered.

o

Fruitnut

I was thinking that also but I only water once a week (since about 6 weeks ago) now that temps are up (80 -90's). I let the drip system go for around 5 hours. 7 drips at 1gph about 3 foot diameter around the trees. Trees are young 2 years or less. DO you think that is too much? Still learning all this fruit biz!

o

7 X 5 = 35 Gallons is excessive IMO. I am in Santa Clarita where the temps are simular. I water mine about every 3 days with about 5 gallons. It is about the same age. This year I got about 25 great fruit on mine.

o

Do you net for birds or squirrels?

o

Frank, "netting for squirrels"? These is no such netting :-) Birds yes, but not squirrels or rats. They simply chew right through it.

Patty S.

o

Sounds like I will be changing up my watering for next year. Thanks for your help. Trial and error right! :).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here