Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Watering Peach Tree in the Summer, Please help!!

Posted by MrThomas85 none (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 22:50

Please Help, I have had my Peach Tree since March. It was in a 24inch box and had lots of fruit!!! Now going into June with extreme heat up to 115 degrees every day. It looks like the peach tree is dying..... I have been deep watering every other day the whole month of June. But it still looks like it is dying!!!! Please help!!! I don't know if I am watering to much or not enough... Every time I water I fill the Well up, Is this right????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Watering Peach Tree in the Summer, Please help!!

At this point you are likely out of luck. It could be that you drown the tree. That soil looks like it might have poor drainage. Next year get a bare root and plant earlier. If the soil drains poorly plant on a mound. Also in 115F heat, mulch and try to get away from that concrete wall.

Where are you located and does your soil drain poorly?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here