Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fruitless pear tree

Posted by april9 3a (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 07 at 22:54

I bought this pear tree from a backyard gardener. After 8 years, I got one green and one red pear. It didn't flowers in the last two years and I don't know what is the treestock. what should I do.

April

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fruitless pear tree

Hi April-

Actually, that doesn't sound all that exceptional. Pears can be very sluggish to get going.

You don't say how the tree is pruned- can you attatch a picture? Pruning can greatly influence the formation of fruiting wood, which is what you need.

If it's any consolation my multigrafted pear didn't flower this year either, although it did last year and the year before.

Good luck,

Mark

Mark

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here