Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with bush cherry.

Posted by galinas 5b (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 22, 14 at 22:58

I planted two bush cherries this spring - Carmine Jewel and Crimson Passion. They are planted on a slightly raised bed on a hill. Sun comes there around 10-11 AM and stays till end of the day, which is around 6 PM. They planted 5 feet apart in the location that never had fruit trees before. No weeds around. On the north side there is a big shed covering them from the north wind.
They started very well, and grew up twice since April when I planted them.
Yesterday, I found few yellow leaves on both of them. The leaves also have some spots, so I assume it is leaf spot and I need to spray them. But also the leaf end dies first, like it is burned. Anyway, I am going to spray them tomorrow with Immunox, but what else I can I do to support their health? They generally do not look same happy as at the very beginning. I keep soil moist. Soil is a former vegetable garden bed soil. Should I apply some fertilizer? I did applied lime before planting, but may be I need to check the soil acidity again? If needed, is it OK to apply lime now? What else could be done here? Pictures bellow

This post was edited by galinas on Tue, Jun 24, 14 at 15:14

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with bush cherry.

Any chance of posting images?

o

Can't upload images at the moment - my cable modem died at home and I only can access internet from work, but can't upload pictures here. It may get fixed tomorrow, I will try to upload.

o

Here are the pictures:

o

And close up photo.
I know what to do for the leaf spot. What I don't understand is why it started. The weather is dry, my other sour cherry on the other side of the house is not affected(or affected really a little - I found couple leaves with spots in whole 5 years old tree). Looks like there is something in condition they are growing in... Or in the plants from the nursery. If conditions are not correct - the bushes are still very small and I can replant them in better spots, I just thought where they are - is a best spot for them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here