Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
galinas_hs

Need help with bush cherry.

galinas
9 years ago

I planted two bush cherries this spring - Carmine Jewel and Crimson Passion. They are planted on a slightly raised bed on a hill. Sun comes there around 10-11 AM and stays till end of the day, which is around 6 PM. They planted 5 feet apart in the location that never had fruit trees before. No weeds around. On the north side there is a big shed covering them from the north wind.
They started very well, and grew up twice since April when I planted them.
Yesterday, I found few yellow leaves on both of them. The leaves also have some spots, so I assume it is leaf spot and I need to spray them. But also the leaf end dies first, like it is burned. Anyway, I am going to spray them tomorrow with Immunox, but what else I can I do to support their health? They generally do not look same happy as at the very beginning. I keep soil moist. Soil is a former vegetable garden bed soil. Should I apply some fertilizer? I did applied lime before planting, but may be I need to check the soil acidity again? If needed, is it OK to apply lime now? What else could be done here? Pictures bellow

This post was edited by galinas on Tue, Jun 24, 14 at 15:14

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting