Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wilted leaves on peach tree (only ends)

Posted by arkyarky 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 10, 13 at 23:27

Does anyone know why my peach tree has wilted leaves only on the ends? They also seem paler than the rest of the tree (which is fruiting and looks healthy). Maybe a deficiency of some sort? I fertilized with Jobe fruit spikes in March.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wilted leaves on peach tree (only ends)

Looks like Oriental Fruit Moth damage.

o

Hey tumnson, does this peach leaf look like the same OFM damage that arkyarky has only less severe?

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

o

I wasn't able to see the link (marked private).

Would it help if I posted more pictures? I saw some white powdery stuff on the spine of some other leaves near infected leaves.

Are there any treatments I can use for OFM? Neem oil?

Thank you for your help!

o
My Enterprise Destructed

My otherwise healthy and green Enterprise have appear to Die. I have 15 of them in a row and 13 are dead an 1 doesn't have much of a chance. 1 still looks healthy. Hard to understand. they are in the ground for 4 years and about to start producing.Have any of you Guru's have ideas?Also. is it unusual for the trees to drop apples? Some of my other trees are dropping small apples! Thanks

o

It looks like peach leaf curl.

o

gala - you need to start a new thread for your question, no one will see it here in this peach thread.

But yes, apples always drop fruit at this time of year.

o

Here's another pictures of the tree. I believe it's OFM after reading more about it.

Is Triazicide the best treatment? I was hoping to use something organic if possible.

Thank you so much for your help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here